Connect all Pittsburgh community members, regardless of age, musical experience, or ability, to make and enjoy music every summer solstice, while also encouraging further participation in music-making.
A city where all community members are enabled to make music and feel connected and supported in their musical engagement.
Make Music Day Pittsburgh
Make Music Day is designed to help with music exploration and to showcase local musical talent and inspire others to play music. Performers of all ages, levels, and styles of music are welcome.
This is the global celebration of music held annually on the summer solstice, announced that this year’s vast program will observe the festival’s 41st year and feature a full return to in-person events, with more than 5,000 live, free music-making events held nationwide on, June 21.
Strategic Goals 2020-2023
- Encourage all Pittsburgh community members to make music
- Encourage community members to continue to make music beyond Make Music Day
- Increase the number of neighborhoods involved in MMDPGH
- Connect community music makers to the resources available in their neighborhoods
- Foster an inclusive and supportive environment that encourages all community members to make music
About Make Music Day
Originally started in France in 1982, Pittsburgh will be one of over 1,000 cities playing music on June 21, 2023, as part of a global Make Music Day celebration. Whether it’s Hip-Hop in Lawrenceville, Gospel in Highland Park, Bluegrass in Squirrel Hill, Classical in the Hill District, or kids rocking out on buckets at The Children’s Museum, Make Music Pittsburgh is about enjoying music in its purest form with Pittsburgh flare.
contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org