Make Music Pittsburgh is thrilled to bring a hybrid model of virtual and in-person live events to the community this June 21st!
Connect all Pittsburgh community members, regardless of age, musical experience, or ability, to make and enjoy music every summer solstice, while also encouraging further participation in music-making.
A city where all community members are enabled to make music and feel connected and supported in their musical engagement.
Make Music Day Pittsburgh
Make Music Pittsburgh is a festival designed to showcase local musical talent and inspire others to play music. Performers of all ages, levels, and styles of music are welcome. Last year, due to COVID-19, we hosted a virtual 11-hour streaming that reached an audience of over 1,000 individuals. Despite being physically apart, our passion to share music and bring communities together lives on.
Make Music Pittsburgh is a community organization sponsored by New Sun Rising.
Strategic Goals 2020-2023
- Encourage all Pittsburgh community members to make music
- Encourage community members to continue to make music beyond Make Music Day
- Increase the number of neighborhoods involved in MMDPGH
- Connect community music makers to the resources available in their neighborhoods
- Foster an inclusive and supportive environment that encourages all community members to make music
About Make Music Day
Originally started in France in 1982, Pittsburgh will be one of over 1,000 cities playing music on June 21, 2020, as part of a global Make Music Day celebration. Whether it’s Hip-Hop in Lawrenceville, Gospel in Highland Park, Bluegrass in Squirrel Hill, Classical in the Hill District, or kids rocking out on buckets at The Children’s Museum, Make Music Pittsburgh is about enjoying music in its purest form with Pittsburgh flare.
Make Music Pittsburgh Updates 2021
On June 21st, 2021, Make Music Pittsburgh will fill the neighborhoods of Pittsburgh with music. We are eager to bring musicians and music lovers together again. To register as a performer or as a venue, please create a profile here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make Music Pittsburgh 2021
Registration is open! Musicians and venues are welcome to create a profile and register here. In the meantime, please reach out to our team with any questions regarding collaborations! You can reach them at email@example.com.
If you need help with equipment (PAs, microphones, etc.) please contact Make Music Pittsburgh’s staff via email at firstname.lastname@example.org we are happy to help you find the tools you need!
2021 Listings: Monday, June 21st
All concerts are free and open to the public. That being said, your donations help make it possible.
If you would like to donate to Make Music Day Pittsburgh, please visit the following website.
Having people join our team increases the chances for further success for Make Music Day.
- Pittsburgh Post Gazette: What’s Happening in Pittsburgh
- Next Pittsburgh: 14 Things To Do This Weekend by Jenifer Baron
- Vox Culture : The Global Midsummer Musical Bash by Alissa Wilkinson
- Kidsburgh: Wanna Play On Your Drum All Day by Kristy Locklin
- Slippery Rock University: SRU Music Facultry and Students Team Together to Compose Youth Experience by Megan Bush
- Local Pittsburgh: Make Music Festival Brings PGH Musicians Out of Woodwork by Julianna Bagwell
- Pittsburgh Tribune Review: Pittsburgh Picks Up the Beat of Global Make Music Day by Rex Rutkoski
- Pittsburgh Post Gazette: Let the Music Play all day Sunday by Amy Brooks:
- Tribune Review: Outdoor Concerts to fill Pittsburgh with Music on Make Music Day by Rex Rutkoski
- Pittsburgh City Paper: This Sunday, the international Make Music festival comes to Pittsburgh by Margaret Welsh
- Pittsburgh Post Gazette: Make Music Pittsburgh – Call for Artists and Venues by Elizabeth Bloom
- 3-minute video of various concerts from 2015: edited by Tom Weber
*If you are interested in writing about Make Music Pittsburgh, please contact us at email@example.com – and thank you!*
Michaela Kizershot White
Sondra E. Woodruff II
Please feel free to contact us with questions or ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org.