Make Music Day Pittsburgh is thrilled to bring a hybrid model of music making, music education, music exploration and in-person live events to the community this June 21st!
Connect all Pittsburgh community members, regardless of age, musical experience, or ability, to make and enjoy music every summer solstice, while also encouraging further participation in music-making.
A city where all community members are enabled to make music and feel connected and supported in their musical engagement.
Make Music Day Pittsburgh
Make Music Day is designed to help with music exploration and to showcase local musical talent and inspire others to play music. Performers of all ages, levels, and styles of music are welcome.
This is the global celebration of music held annually on the summer solstice, announced that this year’s vast program will observe the festival’s 41st year and feature a full return to in-person events, with more than 5,000 live, free music-making events held nationwide on, June 21.
Strategic Goals 2020-2023
- Encourage all Pittsburgh community members to make music
- Encourage community members to continue to make music beyond Make Music Day
- Increase the number of neighborhoods involved in MMDPGH
- Connect community music makers to the resources available in their neighborhoods
- Foster an inclusive and supportive environment that encourages all community members to make music
About Make Music Day
Originally started in France in 1982, Pittsburgh will be one of over 1,000 cities playing music on June 21, 2023, as part of a global Make Music Day celebration. Whether it’s Hip-Hop in Lawrenceville, Gospel in Highland Park, Bluegrass in Squirrel Hill, Classical in the Hill District, or kids rocking out on buckets at The Children’s Museum, Make Music Pittsburgh is about enjoying music in its purest form with Pittsburgh flare.
contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Make Music Pittsburgh June 21st 2023.
Our Sign Up page will be coming soon. If you wish to volunteer to play, participate, support or if you are a venue, we are alway available to help, just email us!
Make Music Pittsburgh will fill the neighborhoods of Pittsburgh with music. We are eager to bring musicians and music lovers together again. To register as a performer or as a venue, please create a profile *** here*** or email email@example.com.
We are also teaming up with several community spaces to music education events as well as an instrument petting zoo. Stayed tuned for more details as well as postings on our Facebook page www.facebook.com/makemusicpittsburgh
Make Music Pittsburgh 2023 June 21st, is right around the corner!
Registration is Closed at this time! Musicians and venues will be able to create a profile and register very soon.***. In the meantime, please reach out to our team with any questions regarding collaborations! You can reach them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need help with equipment (PAs, microphones, etc.) please contact Make Music Pittsburgh’s staff via email at email@example.com we are happy to help you find the tools you need!
Who else is taking part?
Over 0 artists, including:
Over 0 venues, including:
Local Support Sponsor Page
Thanks to the support of our local business and partners! We could not do it with out you!
Practice Makes Perfect Music Studios
The Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
Volunteer and Donate
Music Ambassador Volunteer Program
A Music Ambassadors can be a high school or college student who is involved in any school music program that would like to help represent our community. This can be done by volunteering their time with Make Music Day Pittsburgh.This opportunity includes being part of special events virtually or at various locations around the area. Connect with local musicians to represent the best and brightest within the local music community. This person also identifies opportunities with area schools and other musicians. This is an amazing opportunity to get involved with the Pittsburgh Music Community and meet other like minded students and network.
This volunteer opportunity allows for help with hours needed for community service or for college majors and degrees that need to be completed with credits or graduation. Complete this form/link to sent a request. Google Form
All concerts are free and open to the public. That being said, your donations help make it possible.
If you would like to donate to Make Music Day Pittsburgh, please contact us.
Having people join our team increases the chances for further success for Make Music Day.
Complete this form/link to sent a request. Google Form
If you would like to donate, become a Music Ambassador or Volunteer on Make Music Day, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Support Our Community
Make Music Day Virtual Food Drive
In order to continue to support our neighbors who are experiencing food insecurity during these difficult times, we are hosting a virtual food drive! For every $1 donated, the Food Bank can provide up to 5 meals for the children, families and seniors they serve across Southwestern PA. Thank you for your continued support!
- Pittsburgh Post Gazette: What’s Happening in Pittsburgh
- Next Pittsburgh: 14 Things To Do This Weekend by Jenifer Baron
- Vox Culture : The Global Midsummer Musical Bash by Alissa Wilkinson
- Kidsburgh: Wanna Play On Your Drum All Day by Kristy Locklin
- Slippery Rock University: SRU Music Facultry and Students Team Together to Compose Youth Experience by Megan Bush
- Local Pittsburgh: Make Music Festival Brings PGH Musicians Out of Woodwork by Julianna Bagwell
- Pittsburgh Tribune Review: Pittsburgh Picks Up the Beat of Global Make Music Day by Rex Rutkoski
- Pittsburgh Post Gazette: Let the Music Play all day Sunday by Amy Brooks:
- Tribune Review: Outdoor Concerts to fill Pittsburgh with Music on Make Music Day by Rex Rutkoski
- Pittsburgh City Paper: This Sunday, the international Make Music festival comes to Pittsburgh by Margaret Welsh
- Pittsburgh Post Gazette: Make Music Pittsburgh – Call for Artists and Venues by Elizabeth Bloom
- 3-minute video of various concerts from 2015: edited by Tom Weber
*If you are interested in writing about Make Music Pittsburgh, please contact us at email@example.com – and thank you!*
Make Music Day Pittsburgh has a rockin’ team! Thanks to these amazing people the events gets bigger every year. Interested in joining? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our Google Form
Brad Wittmer -President/Director
Bob Gally (photo and video)
Music Helper Volunteer
Past Advisory Committee
André Solomon (Co-Director)
Michaela Kizershot White (Co-Director)
Sondra E. Woodruff II