On June 21st, 2020, Make Music Pittsburgh went virtual.
During 11 straight hours of streaming over 1,000 Pittsburghers tuned in to listen.
Connect all Pittsburgh community members, regardless of age, musical experience, or ability, to make and enjoy music every summer solstice, while also encouraging further participation in music-making.
A city where all community members are enabled to make music and feel connected and supported in their musical engagement.
Make Music Day Pittsburgh
Make Music Pittsburgh is a festival designed to showcase local musical talent and inspire others to play music. Performers of all ages, levels, and styles of music are welcome. This year, due to COVID-19, we will be hosting a virtual celebration. Despite being physically apart, our passion to share music and bring communities together will live on.
Make Music Pittsburgh is a community organization sponsored by New Sun Rising.
Strategic Goals 2020-2023
- Encourage all Pittsburgh community members to make music
- Encourage community members to continue to make music beyond Make Music Day
- Increase the number of neighborhoods involved in MMDPGH
- Connect community music makers to the resources available in their neighborhoods
- Foster an inclusive and supportive environment that encourages all community members to make music
About Make Music Day
Originally started in France in 1982, Pittsburgh will be one of over 1,000 cities playing music on June 21, 2020, as part of a global Make Music Day celebration. Whether it’s Hip-Hop in Lawrenceville, Gospel in Highland Park, Bluegrass in Squirrel Hill, Classical in the Hill District, or kids rocking out on buckets at The Children’s Museum, Make Music Pittsburgh is about enjoying music in its purest form with Pittsburgh flare.
Make Music Pittsburgh 2021
Registration for Make Music Pittsburgh 2021 will open in Spring 2021. In the meantime, please reach out to our team with any questions regarding collaborations! You can reach them at firstname.lastname@example.org
All concerts are free and open to the public. That being said, your donations help make it possible.
If you would like to donate to Make Music Day Pittsburgh, please visit the following website.
Having people join our team increases the chances for further success for Make Music Day.
- Pittsburgh Post Gazette: What’s Happening in Pittsburgh
- Next Pittsburgh: 14 Things To Do This Weekend by Jenifer Baron
- Vox Culture : The Global Midsummer Musical Bash by Alissa Wilkinson
- Kidsburgh: Wanna Play On Your Drum All Day by Kristy Locklin
- Slippery Rock University: SRU Music Facultry and Students Team Together to Compose Youth Experience by Megan Bush
- Local Pittsburgh: Make Music Festival Brings PGH Musicians Out of Woodwork by Julianna Bagwell
- Pittsburgh Tribune Review: Pittsburgh Picks Up the Beat of Global Make Music Day by Rex Rutkoski
- Pittsburgh Post Gazette: Let the Music Play all day Sunday by Amy Brooks:
- Tribune Review: Outdoor Concerts to fill Pittsburgh with Music on Make Music Day by Rex Rutkoski
- Pittsburgh City Paper: This Sunday, the international Make Music festival comes to Pittsburgh by Margaret Welsh
- Pittsburgh Post Gazette: Make Music Pittsburgh – Call for Artists and Venues by Elizabeth Bloom
- 3-minute video of various concerts from 2015: edited by Tom Weber
*If you are interested in writing about Make Music Pittsburgh, please contact us at email@example.com – and thank you!*
Michaela Kizershot White
Sondra E. Woodruff II
Please feel free to contact us with questions or ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org.